“The Margaret Geis Wright Wellness 5k Run/Walk is a community building event that helps support Girls to Women, an innovative, grassroots, non-profit, girl-centered youth development program that now serves upwards of 60 girls a year with intensive, individualized school-year and summer enrichment programs.”
- Participant Registration: Register participants and hand out goodie-bags/t-shirts
- Volunteer Registration: Register volunteers and lead to designated areas
- Water Station: Set up water stations in predetermined areas, keep water cups filled, encourage participants
- First Aid Station: First aid or medically trained individuals preferred
- Race Course Set-Up: Set up start line, place course signs, build finish line area
- Parking Monitor: Post parking signage, direct event attendees.
- Timing Assistants/Finish-Line Attendants: Assist timer in collecting bib numbers at the finish line, writing down information and reading it back to the timer, provide 1 mile and 2 mile marker times
- Course Monitor: Keep participants on course and offer encouragement (will be positioned in predetermined areas)
- Post-Race Clean-Up: Take down start/finish line and course signs, clean up miscellaneous areas
- Photographer: Must bring own camera and equipment
- General Setup: Set up canopies, chairs, tables, etc
- Youth Activities: Lead activities for youth participants
- Outreach and Event Promotion: Recruit 5k participants and promote/market event
Volunteers should be available between 6:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on March 25, 2017, depending on the task.